Programme and action: Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
Dates: 11.04.2016 - 18.04.2016
Venue: Örkelljunga, Sweden
Number of participants: 34
Participating countries: Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Sweden and Turkey
Project background: The youth exchange project aims at sharing the culture of peace among young people by means of giving ground for exchanging peace building and cross-border practices. The themes of the project are Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills. The indirectly project also aims at eliminating the prejudice among the future generation towards people holding different (different does not mean wrong) values and to foster equality and equal opportunities for young people from various background disregarding their social, economical, educational level and stand in the society which is certainly one of the core European values as the participants of the YE being active youth, youth workers and working with young people directly, can and often are role models who can breed such qualities in youth. The project will host 34 participants in Örkelljunga/Sweden.
Project aim and objectives: The project
aim is to share the culture of peace among young people by means of
giving ground for exchanging peace building and cross-border
practices. The objectives of the project are:
* to contribute to the peace building and negotiation skills of young people,
* to create channels of communication between the countries of different cultures, to break stereotypes,
* to know more about geopolitical system (better understanding of why conflicts exist),
* to promote cross-border dialogue and cooperation and partnership,
* to share best peace building conflict resolution practices.
Profile of participants:
- Young people who would like to be aware how discrimination and conflict takes place.
- Young people who have ability to develop their skills in order to promote personal development and cultural change.
- Level of commitment to improve language skills
- Young people who are between 17 – 24 (there is no age limit for youth leader)