Programme and action: Erasmus+ KA1 mobility of youth workers - training course
Dates: 02.04.2017 - 09.04.2017
Venue: Kalamata, Greece
Number of participants: 18
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Portugal and Romania
Europe is nowadays facing a refugee and migration crisis without
precedent, affecting directly all of the European Union and the
wider Europe region. The high numbers of young refugees and
immigrants, combined with the intensification of stereotypes
(promoted also by the media) and the increased marginalization and
intolerance towards certain groups of people (Roma, immigrants,
people living in extreme poverty, etc), lead to a negative
self-image, mistrust of the society and social vulnerability,
especially among the young people that belong to those groups.
Imagination has a great role and value in each one's life. The creative power of imagination has an important role in the achievement of success in any field. What we imagine with faith and feelings comes into being. It is the important ingredient of creative visualization, positive thinking and affirmations. Imagination and Creativity can give young people what they need in order to regain their optimism, be empowered, participate more actively involved in the society they are living in.
As youth workers, we need to foster active participation and inclusion of young refugees and migrants, using tools and methods that will foster their imagination and boost their creativity.
- Define imagination and creativity and their importance for young people, especially young people belonging to marginalized groups
- Explore how imagination and creativity can be used to foster social inclusion and empower young refugees and migrants to be more active in the communities they are living in
- Promote the exchange of best practices and the transfer of innovation.
- Discover and create tools and methods that support the development of imagination and creativity of the young people
- Enable participants to reflect on the already successful good practices and develop new
- Share knowledge about the ERASMUS+ programme and create a network for the development of common projects in the near future
Participants: Candidates must fulfill the following requirements: