Our aim is to raise awareness about human rights issues using various performative art (such as photo and video-producing, forum theater and Dance production) to stimulate transformative action and social change. Our vision is to create a multiple-phased youth exchange, where each phase will create a comfortable atmosphere to exchange ideas, practices, experiences, live and work together to become more active democratic citizens. Each phase will have a theme of one art direction – Phase 1 – Photography and Video-making; Phase 2 –Forum Theater; Phase 3 – Dance production.
– To create a comfortable atmosphere without barriers to express oneself;
– To link theatre, photography, and dance with human rights issues and education;
– To promote human rights and act both locally and globally;
– To create a space to talk about the human rights issues existing in our societies and how it affects us;
– To empower each other to address these issues creatively;
– To promote activism and campaigning skills through creativity and non-violent action; To gain specific artistic skills in ( photography, forum theater, and dance production) and competences to express ourselves creatively;
– To develop exchanging atmosphere to reflect on cultures, learn more about other cultures, foster intercultural dialogue, learning, and awareness;
– To create artistic pieces together to address the human rights issues locally and globally; To develop a readiness to act, sense of initiative and entrepreneurial mindset through taking part in organizing local activities and public events;
The participant’s age range will be 18-26. There is no age limit for group leaders involved in that exchange, as we should like to involve people with knowledge and experience about the topic.
The participant has a various experiential background on the topic:
– part of them are professionals or semi-professionals in the art which are themes of each phase;
– part of them have been involved in art projects once or twice but are motivated to learn more;
– part of them have been part of educational activities concerning human rights education and human rights activism and are keen to learn more methods;
The participants involved in this project are interested in the topic, have minimum language skills to communicate, desire to take part in all workshops and activities, meet new cultures. The participants have a need to develop themselves, need to develop their abilities in taking part in social life and become active citizens. They have a need to be creative, innovative and willing to share their ideas and opinions.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
Italy, United Kingdom, Armenia
Number of participants:
- United Kingdom