Beyond the impossible
Project background: “Beyond the impossible” was a training course designed for young people, motivated to become multipliers of youth empowerment over Europe, creating youth projects and facilitating transnational youth exchanges under the frame of Erasmus+. During the project participants understood what facilitation is, learned to design and develop workshops in order to meet the desired outcome, got to know facilitation techniques and methods, understand group interaction and dynamics, as well as learn how to deal with dominant participants, how to handle non-motivated participants and many more. Every day activities were based on non-formal and informal methods, including different workshops on facilitation skills, simulations exercises, group work, intercultural activities, roundtable discussions, all stimulating active participation, creativity and self-conﬁdence.
– Basic competences and knowledge in facilitating processes with young people in local, national and international context.
– Employ various facilitation techniques to help build teams, resolve conﬂict, and identify and solve problems.
– Use the various facilitation techniques and appreciate when and how to use them for best effect.
– Develop a structured approach to the planning and conduct of facilitated sessions.
– Provide effective management of the people dynamics.
– To improve professional competences of youth workers/leaders, which will help them to facilitate activities with young people with learning orientated approach.
Profile of participants:
Who are the participants? Facilitators, youth workers and youth leaders actively engaged in youth work
Age of participants: 18-30 years old
Type of work: Directly involved in youth work; working on local/international level; coaching other young people/working with children
Language competence: Competence to freely communicate in English
Training setting: Participants should be ready and motivated to work in non-formal education setting
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 training course
28.03.2016 - 04.04.2016
Number of participants:
- Romania and Spain