Project summary: Youth unemployment is one of the main problem of Europe nowadays. The numbers are alarming: one in each four European youngsters are unemployed; and the youth unemployment rate is twice higher than adult unemployment rate (22,7% against 9,2% according to the last official numbers). Besides that, the long term unemployment rate is growing as well in the last years. All of this doesn’t predict a very happy future for young Europeans. European Union has been working to fight this problem, like “Youth Guarantee” or “Youth Opportunities Initiative”, but the civil society and the associations and the youth should act as well. That’s how the idea for this youth exchange was born. Called “Employ Me”, this project pretends to empower young people with new competence and skills, to promote creativity and entrepreneurship and to promote new technological tools to fight youth unemployment through the creation of a video-CV. We believe this will approach the youngsters and the labor market. Besides all of this, recently European Union presented a study that shows that youngsters that participate in this kind of experiences have more facilities finding a job or creating their own job. So, “Employ Me” makes all the sense for the pertinence of its topic. The main aim is to create a video-CV promotional website for each participants and that way help participants to find job.
The goals of the project are:
– to acquire new personal and professional skills;
– to promote creativity and entrepreneurship;
– to fight youth unemployment through the sharing of experiences;
– to create a video-CV and to promote new technological tools;
– to strengthen the relationship between young people and labour market;
– to promote Youth policies;
– to promote European citizenship and the values of EU, like democracy, tolerance and multicultural dialogue;
– to promote Erasmus+ programme and Youthpass.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
15.10.2016 - 23.10.2016
Number of participants:
- Czech Republic
- Spain and Turkey