Equality in law, equality in work
Project description: Inequality between women and men is now a social fact. During 6 days, 6 young people from 5 countries will gather to promote women’s equality before the law and face the labor reality through good experiences, providing tools that promote equality and a critical discourse towards a more egalitarian society.
In order to achieve this, a participatory methodology will be carried out which will foster dialogue and respectful debate, enabling the transmission of information, prioritizing the training of the participants, promoting critical thinking and tolerant listening. Therefore, the activities will be carried out in small groups and will be used to inform on the situations of the different countries, inviting reflection for the search for solutions and obtaining effective
mechanisms to implement these solutions.
With all this is expected to achieve, a greater awareness on the subject in the hope of achieving great changes. Likewise, participants will be provided with mechanisms to carry out policies and actions on equality in this area. It is beneficial in the long term as it is expected that organizations will adopt these mechanisms and implement them in their communities to combat labor inequality.
Objectives of the project:
– Inform and share knowledge about the inequality of women against men in different countries.
– Create a network of young people who constitute a group of active citizenship to the inequalities suffered by women.
– Give people them participating spaces to share good practices and experiences.
– Reflecting on inequalities and seek solutions to combat them.
– To know the realities of other countries against the inequalities of women.
– Provide participating youth and their organizations of mechanisms to combat labour inequality in their communities.
Activities and methods: The activities will be coordinated through non formal education methods (as group work and activities, presentations, workshops and personal assignments, meetings with youth trainers, experts, etc). Some activities will take place outdoor, to promote Erasmus plus and non-formal education.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 Youth Exchange
5-10 March 2018
El Saler (Valencia), Spain
Number of participants: