Global citizenship for human rights
This training course is a mobility activity within the “Global citizensip for human rights” capacity building project that is a long-term project which has the main aim to build capacity of partner organisation for using Human Rights Education on the local level and transferring existing tools and creating new one for promoting Human Rights and Interfaith dialogue.
In many countries in Europe and around the world basic democratic rights are rejected and questioned, large groups in our societies are still promoting intolerance, segregation even authoritarian rule, while right-wing ideologies spreading the values that deny human rights to certain societal groups minimize democracy values at all levels. All of these challenges largely affect the basics of solidarity and democratic living together, they are contributing to a resurgence of nationalism which are increasing those challenges even more.
HRE is recognized by consortium as an effective strategy to prevent HR abuses and due to that all sinergies among partners will be induced in order to equip youth workers for HRE and train multiplier agents how to organize educational activities on local level.
HRE must constantly evolve in order to respond to the changing needs and circumstances of today’s societies. Furthermore, it is not enough to simply educate youngsters on tolerance and non-violence as well as intercultural and iterfaith dialogue cannot be described as a best practice without being demonstrated and reinforced by educators, parents, the community and wider civil society. Only through a holistic and cooperative approach can HRE be truly effective in guaranteeing respect for the rights of all. For these reasons, the project also focuses on the planning and implementing different and effective CBAs at the local level in order to strengthen the capabilities of all partners and better promotion and protection of HR.
- To build capacities of the partner organization for planning and running activities related to Human Rights Education – HRE and interreligious dialogue
- To equip youth workers for HRE and train multipliers how to organize educational activities on local level
- promote different positive and effective approaches of HRE in all partner countries and their realities
- To develop competences of youth workers, leaders and trainers needed for working in HRE and intercultural and inter-religious societies.
- To share good practices in the field of HRE and using tools and methods for running NFE activities on local level
- To explore, create and share relevant and effective tools working in a field of HRE and interreligious dialogue as well to provide opportunity to testing these methods in practice
- To create new tools and manuals for HRE
- To stimulate the dialogue and discussion among different participants/stakeholders (representatives of institutions, OCD’s, youth, etc.) on local level and building strong networking.
The training course
Training course is first mobility activity in this project.
The training will last 7 working days and the main aim will be to equip youth workers with knowledge and skills necessary for developing human rights education activities in interreligious dialogue. The main topic that will be covered are: global citizenship, UN millennium goals, human rights education, forms of protection human rights with its legal frameworks and EU policies about HRE and tools for interreligious dialogue. Therefore, training will focus on sharing examples of good practises, tools and materials for developing HRE in interreligious dialogue and on training settings in order to become multipliers for HR and interreligious pluralism. Third part of training will be devoted to developing the skills needed for multi-tasking, how to create a working session, they will have opportunity to put the acquired competences into practice. Participants will be invited to develop a session on a concrete HR topic, for a specific target group. Also during TC participants will share ideas for new tools/games.
3 participants per organisation
The participants should be:
- a youth workers, trainers, youth leaders
- part of NGO
- interested in developing competences to work as multipliers/facilitators,
- basic experience in leading educational activities with youngsters, at local or international level,
- have the potential and need to develop competencies and act after TC as a multiplier for HRE on local level
- who want to develop new methodologies and tools for youth work to reinforce Human Rights Education,
- that can develop new international partnerships and network of HRE promoters,
- motivated and interested to learn how to organise large scale event to promote HRE and interfaith dialogue
- aware of the characteristics of the learning environment and with experience in NFE
- ready to share and explore
- open minded,
- motivated and availabilities for the entire project duration (seminar, training courses and local practice phase)
- all participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in mobility activities);
- motivated to take part in after mobility phases
Programme and action:
Training course within Erasmus+ KA2 capacity building
6-14 November 2020
Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia
Number of participants: