“InterculturOUT Learning” aims:
- To expose participants to an Intercultural process and familiarise them with the theory and methods of intercultural learning;
- To explore the use of outdoor education to improve individual’s citizenship competences (Communication, Critical Attitude, Engagement Solidarity, Human Ethic and Social Values, Living Together, Team Work Cooperation, Self-confidence, Expressing and Developing one’s own ideas/opinions etc.);
- To increase participants’ knowledge and awareness about principles of ethics and values involved in non-formal education and intercultural learning youth activities;
- To broaden the understanding of the role of Outdoor Activities in the social development of youngsters in a cultural diversity context;
- To promote respect for cultural and European diversity;
- To share methods, experiences and tools among youngsters as best practices for encouraging the use of outdoor activities in an intercultural and international context;
- To encourage networks of exchange to create joint projects and support each other;
- To promote non-formal education methods and introducing Erasmus+ Programme as an opportunity for European youth mobilities.
The methodology used will be that of non-formal education alternated with outdoor activities, theoretical insights, practical activities and institutional meetings. Activities such as are envisaged activities aimed at fostering mutual knowledge, setting up a group, working in group, sportive activities, simulations, debates, discussions, presentations in the hall, reflection group, evaluation. All the activities in this Youth Exchange will be following measures of COVID-19 keeping distance and using tools and methods to still work together.
The sessions will be managed by the national groups with the support and coordination of the leaders e facilitators whose subdivision will be finalized during the APV.
Advanced Planning Visit
Visit is to check the places which will host the youth exchange and also review the agenda and split all the activities to each national group and organising it as a consortium properly.
- 17th of July: Arrival day
- 19th of July: Departure day
The whole exchange will be run following particular measures due to COVID-19 safety laws. So, the majority of the activities will be outside and we will be staying in the city of Cagliari moving by walking. We will be doing activities outside cause the project already has to do with outdoor activities but also for safety reasons we will use open spaces to keep distances of 1 meter each participant and all the close contact activities will be not done. All the agenda will be organised according to these measures. It may happen we will have to enter for short time in indoor places, when we enter in indoor places we will have to use hand sanitizer and wear masks, once sit in distance of more than 1 meter you can take off the mask.
This youth exchange is a particular event because is going to be run together with another event TDM 2000 is organising for about 20 years. The event it is called International Summer Week. This year due to COVID-19 the event will be hosting a low number of participants but it is anyway an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends 🙂
- 3rd of August: Arrival day
- 10th of August: Departure day
- Over 20 years old (they can be over 30 years old according E+ rules)
- Members of the partner organisations, with experience in non-formal education and skills in facilitation;
- Experience leading groups in international activities;
- Facilitation skills
- Positive attitude, leadership skills, empathy and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of ICL and outdoor activities;
- Good knowledge of English (so that they can be able to communicate with the other leaders);
- Good knowledge of the situation in regard of the topic of their region/country
- 18-25 years old;
- Interest in ICL and social inclusion;
- Interest in meeting other cultures and widening their horizons;
- Some of them they could have some personal blog, instagram, facebook page where they run some storytelling in outdoor activities.
- Interest in outdoor activities or already have some experience;
- Open mind for intercultural learning;
- Committed to learn, participate fully to all activities actively;
- Willing to implement dissemination activities in the local level.
After selected, each participant will be required to pay a FEE of 100€ which will be supporting (in case we will be able to organise and if Italian government will allow us) to cover:
– excursions transports
– boat trips
– museums fee
– party entry fees
Please do understand that the Fee is supporting the quality of the project activities and the services offered to each participant.
IN CASE WE WON’T BE ABLE TO ORGANISE THE ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS THE FEE WILL BE FULLY REFUNDED TO EACH PARTICIPANT ON THE SPOT.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
APV: 17-19.07.2020 | YE: 3-10.08.2020
Number of participants: