Description of project
Innovation is a facilitator of entrepreneurship and a way of empowering young people to take charge of their lives and economic prosperity. Innovation happens from the bottom up, not the top down. Starting up a business at young age happens usually with limited resources and it forces us to think creatively and be innovative. Still, it is not enough to have a good idea for a start-up or a hot new product. Execution is key. The biggest challenge that the young entrepreneurs face is winning funding opportunities especially when they come in front of angel investors and negotiate to make a deal.
Investopedia is a ground where young people can simulate the whole process from idea to a pitch in a period of days. We will provide young people with access to tools and educational resources that support each stage of business development. Our main aim is to instil entrepreneurial mindset of young people and enhance their competences for personal growth and increase the potential for starting up their own business. This project will set the ground for youngsters to exchange knowledge and get practical skills through peer learning. Participants will improve their financial literacy, basic understanding of business rules and they will learn how to organize, structure and pitch their plan. They will share business ideas and develop them in teamwork using non-formal learning methods. We are including group leaders with experience in pitching business ideas who will share their first-hand stories. They will guide participants in creation of necessary structure and teach them how to negotiate a deal and get a yes from angel investors.
- To develop participants skills, raise their self-confidence and acquire competences needed to start up a business
- Improve the financial literacy of young people
- Get to know the funding opportunities in participating countries
- To inspire young people to take a more pro-active and entrepreneurial approach
- To encourage young people to use their talents and their capacity for action and innovation
- To initiate follow-up local educational activities on entrepreneurship and engage more young peoplein our community
- To get a first-hand practical experience on execution from a business idea to a business pitch and use it as a role model afterwards
- To promote intercultural learning through non-formal education
Prole of participants
Lithuania, Macedonia, Spain, Hungary, Slovakia – participants from each country - years old and group leader - years old. Preferably gender balanced group, participants with fewer opportunities and without Erasmus+ experience are welcome. Open to new experience and cultures. English language is a must. Special knowledge in entrepreneurship is not necessary, but high motivation to work with the topic is mandatory.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
31.03.2019 - 08.04.2019
Number of participants: