Strategic and creative volunteering
About the project: The world of volunteering is vast and wonderful, but often it can also be overwhelming and difficult to know where to begin. The aim of the exchange is not only to open up young peoples minds to these possibilities, but to explore how everyone can choose the right path of volunteering to strategically and creatively pursue their hopes and dreams.
The overall aim of this project, whose main activity will be a Youth Exchange, is to help young, unemployed individuals become more aware of how they can focus on their employment dreams and develop the necessary steps towards achieving them, through volunteering. We feel that a more stable, self-conscious and enthusiastic base of volunteers, who will be more involved in the development of their communities, can be gained from this approach. And this is something which everybody needs.
• Improve knowledge and attitudes towards voluntary work
• Present a clearer view about different types of volunteering and the positive impact it can have on a community.
• Create awareness about the many transversal skills that can be gained from volunteering
• Stimulate motivation towards volunteering in regards to their own personal and career development.
• Foster an increased sense of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
• Increase the self-esteem and sense of value to the country and the rest of Europe
• Encourage positive attitudes towards people with fewer opportunities and people from other cultures.
• Gain knowledge of voluntary work in a European context and how they can use the EU’s help in order to put ideas into action
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
14.07.2017 - 21.07.2017
Number of participants:
- Czech Republic