Tales of inclusion
Project description: Tales of Inclusion is a KA1youth mobility project aiming to organize a youth exchange in Mezzano di Primero (Italy), from 17 to 26 March 2018. The goal of this project is to share at European level a good practice already successfully implemented in the province of Belluno by Comitato d’Intesa (P1), thanks to the civil service project “Costruire insieme la solidarietà e la responsabilità civile”. It is a national project that involve 4 young volunteers coming from Afghanistan, Nigeria and Mali, who are currently waiting for international and humanitarian protection.
- To strengthen and promote local and regional experiences aiming to counter the social exclusion problem of young asylum seekers, promoting volunteering as an instrument of social inclusion;
- To raise awareness among young people about the migration phenomenon, deconstructing stereotypes and prejudices;
- To inform the public opinion about the topic of the reception of refugees in order to deconstruct prejudices, stereotypes and reduce wrong ideas stimulating social tensions;
- To create a space for intercultural dialogue and learning promoting the acquisition of the European citizenship;
- To favour a positive atmosphere for dialogue, comprehension and collaboration, seen not only as acceptance and respect of ideas, values and other cultures, but also to strengthen each individual’s cultural identity for a mutual enrichment;
- To develop and promote new positive speech of inclusion, giving the opportunity to European young people and young asylum seekers to meet and share hopes, needs, fears, expectations, competences and skills;
- To experiment innovative and involving strategies, based on non-formal and informal methodologies;
- To use communication and artistic expression languages as experimental methodologies of peer education;
- To establish a partnership and transnational network as starting point for future collaborations.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 youth exchange
Number of participants: