Turning waste into worth
“Turning waste into worth” (TWIT) project is a mobility of youth workers, KA1 Training Course, under Erasmus+ and will be implemented by Asociación PROJUVEN. The training course will take place in Torremolinos (Málaga area), Spain and will involve 16 youth workers from 6 different countries (Slovakia, Estonia, Hungary,Poland, Romania and Spain).
The main aim of “Turning waste into worth” is to equip youth workers with the skills and knowledge needed for the development of innovative programs in circular economy and being able to engage youth communities to re-think the economic system they are experiencing every day, and act upon it.
The project will use non formal learning methodology including methods such as: icebreakers, energizers, name games, reflection groups, working into intercultural subgroups, facilitated discussion, creative presentations, simulation, case study, and debates.
The project will involve 16 participants, 2 from Estonia, Hungary, Poland, 3 from Slovakia and Romania, and 4 from Spain 18-35 years old. The project is implemented by 6 organizations and financed by the European Commission through Erasmus+programme.
For the participants’ selection the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
– Mix of existing and experienced youth workers but also youth workers who are new or newish to circular economy and environmental topics.
– Ready to actively promote circular economy among young people and in their local community.
– Demonstration of social sensibilities (socially active youth workers/volunteers with a role in local communities and interested in promoting circular economy and zero practices in their local contexts).
– Experienced or interested in working with Erasmus+ programme.
The participants will have the following tasks:
– To complete the Participant’s mobility report sent by EU
– Make at least one publication or article, presentation or other/online (on organization website, Facebook or other social network)
– Everything else that you could do or organize as a dissemination of the project will be warmly welcomed and appreciated from us.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 training course
16 - 22 October 2019
Number of participants: