Visegrad Academy of Cultural Diplomacy
- providing participants from the Visegrad Group countries with basic and advanced knowledge about V4 cultural diplomacy, models of cultural diplomacy, the culture of diplomacy and international cultural institutions;
- preparing participants to be active in the field of culture at the international level, especially at the European level;
- promotion of culture and its impact on Visegrad region among the countries of the V4 Group.
The Academy will focus on transferring basic as well as advanced knowledge on the Polish culture in the region, the culture of diplomacy, the functioning of cultural diplomacy and selected international institutions and will provide practical training on cultural and international relations, which will help participants to better navigate in the international arena as well as personal and institutional development.
The Academy is directed in particular to students of such faculties as international relations, management and political science, to people who are active in NGOs and student clubs, thematically related to culture, administration, civil society, diplomacy and economy.
As part of the project, we plan to conduct a series of practical and theoretical training and meetings with experts, which will be held online in English. In addition, we want to create a database of educational materials and case studies (including Polish and regional cases) in all V4 languages and English, in order to make them available to a wider audience and promote the project.
The Academy of Cultural Diplomacy includes:
- in-depth experience in development in cultural international institutions,
- practice and knowledge of cultural diplomacy, incl. cultural missions or engagement in a cultural encouraging,
- current legislation, decision-making processes and EU/international cultural policy,
- first-hand EU/international “backstage” at the political and administrative level,
- soft skills in the field of personal development and project management in public and business administration.
The project is supported by the Polish Ministry for Culture, National Heritage, and Sport. The Visegrad Academy of Cultural Diplomacy project is coordinated by the Instytut Dyplomacji Gospodarczej (Poland) and partnered by Mladi Konzervativci (Czechia), Občiansko-demokratická mládež (Slovakia) and the Institute for Cultural Relations Policy (Hungary).
Programme and action:
Polish Ministry for Culture, National Heritage, and Sport
Bratislava, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw
Number of participants:
- Czech Republic