Project description: Last decades have been accompanied by economic turbulence, globalisation and these days also by crises of uncertainty caused by political decisions and challenges which arise from issues connected to migration and information that came from media. This is the environment where generation called „Y“ grew up and prepared to enter the labor market.
Current state of youth unemployment calls for active support of young people who need various types of guidance to overcome transition period from school to labour market.
We are not pointing out just on high unemployment rates but also for other factors such as early school leavers, lack of resilience, lack of new skills for new jobs, un-ability to think critically and comprehensively. Training course „Y Guides“ addresses these issues and offers space to equip youth workers with skills of
coaching young people and monitoring and supporting their youth career guidance by enhancement of their resilience to facilitate their entrance in the labour market. Project is designed for sharing of best practises, will provide youth workers with knowledge of psychological coaching tools and in addition they can build new partnerships for future projects. Everything based on non-formal teaching techniques with support of trainers.
Project will host 25 participants from 11 countries (Slovakia, Greece, Lithuania, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus and Hungary) in charming small town Modra, Slovakia in March 2018.
Project aim and objectives: The main aim of this project is to enable and build capacity of youth workers (group leaders, trainers, mentors, facilitators, officers etc.) of coaching and guiding young people’s career and boosting their resilience to facilitate their entrance in the labour market. The concrete objectives we have foreseen to achieve main goal are:
• Explore and identify issues of youth employability in Europe and neighbours countries and consequently raise the needs for a different coaching and support approach to be provided to young people to have an easier access in the labour market.
• Enable youth workers to measure young people’s well-being to tailor properly and apply the tools for the personal and professional development of youth.
• Furnish youth workers and youth operators a set of psychological coaching tools which will be used for the career coaching, building of
resilience and betterment of young people.
• Share best practices and innovative tools which participants will exchange during the course.
• Encourage youth workers and operators to turn the learning part into practice beyond the training course, acting as multipliers and share the competences gained within their organisations, their communities and other youth operators from the field.
• Boost networking among partner organisations and promoters and development of strategies for future projects aimed to youth coaching and support, especially those implemented within the Erasmus+ programme
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 Mobility of youth workers - Training Course
7-14 March 2018
Number of participants:
- Czech Republic