Youth in migrants’ shoes
We are living the greatest human mobility era in history. Today the world has more than 240 million migrants and this number keeps increasing. Migration is recognized as a key feature of our contemporary world as it provides many opportunities to societies and to migrants themselves. However, it is still one of the least understood phenomenon, leading to an increase of critical political and policy challenges in matters such as safe migration, border management, displacement and integration. these massive flows have been raising many concerns in Europe as they tend to be connected with violent extremism without proof and evidence. The result is a bad public image that leads to fear, prejudice, xenophobia and discrimination towards migrants, all of which are against the values of EU and have a great impact in peace and prosperity of Europe.
For these reasons CONEXÃO JOVEM is developing this project that will use ART (Theater, Painting/Drawing and Video Editing) as the main method to reach the planned objectives:
- To raise young people’s awareness on migration and its developing crisis using artistic approaches and products;
- To foster positive interaction, active participation and personal growth of young people from different backgrounds of EU;
- To develop positive attitudes towards arts and its forms of expression
- To promote diversity, ICL and unity through diversity within EU
- To promote the Erasmus+ programme and encouraging future participation and involvement locally and internationally.
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 Youth Exchange
20-27 October 2018
Number of participants: