Youth Social Exclusion: preventing and remedying this vicious circle
Everybody is a part of the problem, everybody is a part of the solution. Starting from this sentence “Youth social exclusion : preventing and remedying this vicious circle” is a seminar planned for youth workers that work to support the development of youth at local, regional, national and European level.
In particular the project is finalized to share best practices, ideas among organizations and youth workers involved, share tools and knowledge to the youth workers in light of improve the condition of young people with fewer opportunities and support their enhanchement and development.
By the project we foresee to allow youth workers to internalize aspects and determinants of social exclusion. The seminar will takes place in Cagliari from the 1 to 5
of august 2019 and it will involve youth workers from Latvia, Italy, Czech Republic, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Romania, Hungary. In this context the objectives we want to achieve are:
1) to explore the main aspects of social exclusion on the 3 different categories of young people with fewer opportunities identified (experiencing poor living conditions, being unable to participate in the social and political life of one’s community, being unable to enjoy cultural and recreational activities,suffering from health conditions, etc.);
2) to identify obstacles and issues which are causing exclusion and find solutions to increase inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities and enhance quality of activities to be more effective with youth;
3) to share best practices among the different partners and youth workers and develop innovative ideas and activities for the improvement of quality of projects and activities on social inclusion;
4) to promote cooperation in the youth field to create better opportunities for inclusion of youth;
5) to build up partnerships for projects that help youth workers to acquire and improve competences to implement activities addressed to support people with fewer opportunities (disabled, unemployed, migrants).
This project will examines the nature, causes, consequences of social inequality for youth and will give space to share best practices, exchange ideas, discuss about projects, tools useful for youth workers to work with young people with that face social problems as youth disabled , youth refugees and immigrant and unemployed. The agenda is divided in 3 sections:
The different partners involved will share best practices about the 3 different categories, migrants, Unemployed youth and people with disability. At the seminar will attend youth organizations with a huge experience in the field of inclusion of 3 different categories:
– Young migrants and refugees;
– Youth people with disabilities especially in the work environment;
– Young people unemployed and N.E.E.T.
We want to exchange ways to work directly on the youth through peer to peer methods, to make them agents of positive changes.
Preparation of participants: The group of the participants includes youth workers with experience and that are involved in the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities in their organizations and that have interest in develop new competences in social inclusion of young people (disabled, unemployed, migrants, refugees, etc.). Each participant selected by the sending organization will receive a participant agreement form, where they will declare that they are informed about the rules of the project, that they have read the financial rules of the Erasmus+ guide , that they will guarantee full participation during all the activities foreseen for the seminary and for the dissemination and follow-up activities, that they will cooperate and be respectful towards others participants and all other individuals involved in the program in terms of dignity, values, religion and culture, race, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual
orientation, age or disability. Level of English required (minimum B2).
According with the will of the project we expect that the participants of each organization will show one or more best practices implemented in the local community or at international level in the field of inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities (unemployed, migrants, disabled, etc.) and be able to undergo a workshop about one of their target groups with fewer opportunities (youth with disabilities, migrants, unemployed, etc.).
Programme and action:
Erasmus+ KA1 seminar
1 - 5 August 2019
Number of participants:
- Czech Republic